Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Left Out...

That's kind of how I am feeling these days. It is hard being the new person again, having to deal with a whole new set of co-workers again, and feeling like I just don't fit in. I should be used to it by now but it doesn't seem to ever get any easier. Growing up, my sister was the one who always had the "cool" friends, and I was always the outsider. Then in college, I went to a university where you weren't "in" unless you were in a sorority, and yeah, you guessed right, I was NOT in a sorority. I've never really had the tight knit group of friends that I always thought would be great to have. Now, don't get me wrong, I have some really great friends, but they are all pretty independent from one another, not people to go on group outings with. And bouncing from one school to another doesn't help this feeling of being left out at all. No matter where it is, it is always hard to be the new kid on the block, especially when you feel like you never fit in anywhere in the first place.

Oh well, I know it will get better, but right now it just really sucks.

2 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

I like your blog redesign. It's pretty.

I'm sorry. Especially because I'm not there ;-) Feeling much the same out here, because I still essentially know no one. It does suck.

Texan in Kuwait said...

I love the new design.

I want one like that.

Sorry about all the job stuff. It really does suck. Hang in there...it will get better.