Thursday, August 10, 2006

New job

Well I have spent this past week trying to get ready to start the new school year in my new position. I haven't had a lot of time actually in my classroom to try and get things ready for Monday, so I am a little stressed out about that, but overall am a lot less stressed than I had been. The staff at my new school seems friendly enough, but of course when I saw everyone from my last school today I couldn't help but wish that I was sitting over with them this year. It will just take a while to get adjusted. It was so different last year when I started at a new school, because I was actually excited to be there and I had left such a bad situation that I knew it really couldn't be any worse. Then I had such a great year there and then to find out I was being transferred, not because of something I did or because they didn't want me there, but just because of factors out of my control. There must be some reason for this, but I haven't figured it out yet. So many things have changed in the past 6 months. A new house, new job, close friend moving to the other side of the globe; sometimes it just seems so overwhelming to deal with so much change.

2 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

I sort of know how you feel ;-)

katertoter said...

Hey Kellie,

I wish you all the best for this new year.You never know what is in store for you!
~katie