Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Job, Part 2

So I have made it through my first three days of school, and I am still alive. It is really good that I have an assistant who has been there for years and really likes what she does. We are still in the process of having to sort through everything that was in the room, and me trying to get curriculum organized so I can figure out what to use with each student, The students have a variety of disabilities and ability levels so it will be a juggling act to find the right thing to use with each of them. I ended up with 10 students, which is quite a load for this type of class, but it seems to be going well. We are still trying to get a schedule in place which is what most of these kids really need, a set routine to follow. I really do like these kids. They all are very lovable and I can see why all the people who work with them keep telling me that I will like it. I'm going to do my best and give it a couple months before I decide if I am going to try and switch positions at mid year. Who knows I really might end up liking it here.

No comments: