Sunday, August 07, 2005

OK, so shopping on tax free weekend isn't THAT bad...

I went to Lane Bryant today to take advantage of some coupons and the whole take free thing and ended up with $260 worth of close for $150 and saved the extra $12 or so in tax. I got two bags full of clothes that I actually like adn can wear to work and look at least semi-professional. I had gotten so relaxed at my last school - I think my attire reflected both how I felt about the job and how I felt about myself. I really am trying to work on feeling better about myself, so I figure a good start is to feel better about how I look. I'm using my Arbonne RE9 set for my face and already see a difference. I kept off the weight I lost earlier this year over the summer and will be heading back to Weight Watchers to keep my weight going the right direction. I was very pleased at Lane Bryant that I could fit into size 24, considering a year ago it was more like 26 or 28.

And Southlake Town Center wasn't nearly as crowded as IKEA was when I went there on Friday, so that was a plus. Speaking of IKEA, it was total craziness there. ANd, of course, all of the things they had on special for their grand opening that I wanted were already sold out. But there was absolutely NO WAY I was going to be at IKEA on Wednesday, which is probably when I would have had to be here to get any of those things. And I hear it was even crazier this weekend so I'm glad I went when I did.

This weekend has been a pretty lazy on for me, just did the little bit of shopping today. Still haven't cleaned the house or done laundry, which is what usually transpires on the weekends, but we'll live. David has been sick all weekend, and has spent it in front of his video game. Lanie seems to be getting a little better, but still has a runny nose. She was really cranky earlier today, but since she took a little nap when we got home from shopping she has been very happy.

Gotta go get things ready for tomorrow. I'm both excited about my new job, but also sad the summer is over and I have to leave me little girl again. I so enjoy the time I get to spend with her during my time off. But such is life.. works beckons.

No comments: