Saturday, August 06, 2005

Getting excited...

I am getting excited about my new teaching position. I saw my classroom on Friday, and it is so much nicer than where I was. I have furniture, computers (yes, 2 computers!), and a good deal of storage space. I can't wait to start setting it up. My father went with me on Friday to help me move my stuff from storage to my room, which is on the 2nd floor of the school. Luckily, they have an elevator that isn't too terribly far from my room and my father came prepared with a dolly, so it wasn't too bad. Everyone I ran into was very friendly and welcoming so I just am getting a really good feeling about this assignment. After 4 years in hell, I guess it is my turn for something a little better.

I also need to say I have the best parents in the world. I don't know what I would do with out them. I couldn't have moved all that stuff by myself, that I know. And my mother watched Lanie while we did it so I knew she was in good hands. And that's how I feel every day when I leave her there while I work. Last year, my dad made breakfast for me almost everyday, and both my mom and dad spent their days playing with and taking care of my little girl. I couldn't ask for a better situation. So when I think about some of the things that suck in my life, I have to remind myself of some of the good things, like these two remarkable people I am proud to have as my parents. I couldn't have chosen any better...

No comments: