Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just a little bit jealous...

Lately my little girl has been a real mama's girl. I guess 6 weeks of being away from Daddy will do that. It is "Mama" for everything. She wakes up in the middle of the night and cries out "mama, mama, mama...." until I come. I know her Daddy gets a bit jealous of it at times and wishes she was more of a Daddy's girl, but I am sure that time will come.

Well, today was my turn to get a little bit jealous. This afternoon after her nap, Lanie wanted her Daddy so I brought her to him, and she just SAT with him for like 15 minutes. My little girl almost never just sits. I found myself getting a tinge of the green-eyed monster just watching it. It was a pretty picture to watch, I do have to admit. He looks at her with so much love and she reflects it right back. I guess I get a little bit jealous of that too. That's normal, isn't it? After almost 10 years together I don't get many of those looks, but I guess in a way when he looks at her with all that love, some of that is for me too.

Well this wasn't supposed to turn into me talking about my relationship with my husband, so I guess I will end it here. Someday I will rant about everything going through my head about that, but just don't have the energy for it now.

No comments: