Monday, August 08, 2005

My first day of school

Well, today was my first day at my new school. We just had some training and went over some things, and I was able to start getting to know my fellow teachers. Everyone seems very nice and I continue to have good feelings about this school year. Students come back next Monday, but I probably won't start holding class until the following week, being a reource teacher. So, it sounds like next week will be spent getting things organized, having meetings, doing paperwork, doing testing, and other things in preparation for working with the students. The rest of this week will be spent in various inservice trainings and then Friday we will be able to work in our rooms. I am not even sure where to start in there. It's a bit overwhelming to think about right now, but I am sure the current resource teacher can provide me with some guidance.

I was a little disappointed this morning when I left for work. I guess I figured I would get at least a "good luck on your first day" from either my husband or my parents, and didn't get a single one. But, then everyone did ask me how my day went afterwards which made me feel a bit better. David hardly ever asks how my day was, so that was a pretty big deal.

Well its off to bed for me... have to get used to getting up at 5 am again!

1 comment:

cassy said...

I have meant to call you every evening this week and see how it's going and I just have been getting caught up in other BS of my life.

Anyway, I'll call ya tonight! Maybe we can get together so that girlies can play soon.