Thursday, August 04, 2005

I hate STUPID people!

STUPID PEOPLE, Part 1

Yesterday I had to deal with my fair share of stupid people, and was so mad I had to give myself a day to calm down before I even wrote about it. What is it with people these days who can't stand to see anyone around them happy? I was at Benihana's yesteday with my parents and my sister to celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. I, of course, had Lanie with me. And even though she has been sick, she was very happy, smiley, and saying "hi" to everyone. We had one of the tables to ourselves and so we took our time eating and lingered over our dessert and green tea. Well, my dad was holding Lanie and playing with her, which brings great joy to my daughter. So, of course, she expresses her joy in the form of happy squeals. Apparently, someone at the next table complained to the waitress, asking if she could say something to us about Lanie being too loud. We were in BENIHANA'S for Christ's sake! We weren't in some quiet, high brow restaurant. What is it about seeing a HAPPY child that upsets people? I could somewhat understand if Lanie were crying inconsolably or having a fit, btu she was just happy and expressing her joy. Yesterday I was angry, but now I just feel sorry for those people. They must be in a really bad place in their lives to not want to experience a little bit of joy found in the laughter and smile of a child.

STUPID PEOPLE, Part 2

So, as if I hadn't had enough stupid people to make me angry, on the way home from the restaurant, I experienced yet another idiot. I was driving home on 114, and a section of the road had the left lane closed. I turn my turn signal on and see I have enough space to merge into the middle lane before this United States Postal Service truck. I begin to move over and he speeds up and starts flashing his lights and honking at me. He then jerks his big truck into the right lane and speeds way up to pass me and several other cars, and then jerks back into the middle lane. That kind of idiot is not only stupid, but very scary when you have a small child in your car. When the left lane opened back up, I moved into the lane and looked for any identifying marks on the truck, and found one number, and you can believe the Postal Service will be getting a complaint about that idiot!

THAT WAS ALL THE STUPID PEOPLE I COULD HANDLE FOR ONE DAY!

Well, Lanie and I made it home safe and sound, and I got her to bed, and I just vegged out for the rest of the evening. I definitely was telling myself that things would be better TOMORROW!

1 comment:

cassy said...

Poor Lanie! I'm so sorry the sweet girlie is sick. Give her hugs from her "Aunt" Cassy and Rylee.

Freakin stupid people! We had the same thing happen to us when Rylee was 8 months old. Needless to say, we'll NEVER eat at Samui Thai again.