Sunday, October 01, 2006

My daughter amazes me in so many ways....

Right now, the way that she is amazing me the most is how well she is swimming. The last 2 weeks of June, I put Lanie in swim lessons, just to start getting her to know some of the basics and for safety reasons. With us having our own pool in the backyard, I was so worried about her being safe around it and in it. Now, she swims like a fish... and s probably better in the water than I am. I have some extreme phobias of putting my head underwater, so the only way I swim is with my head above water. Not Lanie though, she dives in on one side of the pool, swims across to the beach entry with her head underwater the whole time and then gets herself out! It amazes me and pretty much everyone who sees her swimming. I am so happy that she is so comfortable in the water. We went swimming yesterday, and the water was a bit chillier than it had been over the summer. I had to get in slowly, but Lanie just jumped right in. She is definitely a little water baby. She wants to go swimming all the time. Every day she will ask us at least once if we will go swimming with her. Now that it is getting cooler, I wonder how she is going to handle not being able to swim all the time. We have a spa as part of our pool, so there is a heater connected to the whole system, and we have actually considered heating the pool every so often through the off season, so we can all go swimming, but especially for Lanie. I need to find a place around here with an indoor pool, but the only one I know of around here is sooo expensive! Would probably be worth it though!

2 comments:

Mrs. Jackie Sue said...

I don't see the photo but I am so glad she's a swimmer! We don't have much pool access but e do want to be comfy and used to a pool. YEAH so glad for you!!!!!

*HUGS*
Jackie

Stephanie not in TX said...

FWIW, we really enjoyed our membership to the Keller Pointe.