Sunday, October 08, 2006

Computer Woes

So, a couple of weeks ago, I started having trouble with my eMac. It spontaneously shut down, and acted like it was going to restart and then wouldn't get to the login screen. It has not worked since. My darling husband is a master computer geek, so he finally got down to trying to fix it yesterday and has had little success. Fortunately he was able to get all of my pictures and documents off of it before he wiped the hard drive, but even doing that has not remedied the issue. He even braved Fry's yesterday because it looked like it might be a problem with the memory, but no go with that either. So now I have to bring it in to the Apple Store and see if they can diagnose the problem without us having to spend an arm and a leg. If it can't be fixed I WILL be getting a laptop! Right now, I am having to use his eMac to check e-mail, read blogs, etc., but I really want my own computer back! Hopefully when mine is fixed or I get a new one, I will be able to post some of the pictures I have been meaning to post.

Well, I am off to watch some football... GO COWBOYS!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jeff Medcalf said...

Sounds a lot like the power supply. Has Dave tried resetting the power manager? I think on the eMac that this involves pushing a button under the bottom access panel next to the battery.

If that doesn't do it, it may need a new power supply.

Kellie said...

Thanks Jeff. I will definitely have him look at that. So maybe wiping the hard drive and buying new memory weren't necessary! At least he got everything copied before he wiped it!