Saturday, September 16, 2006

Stressed Out

Well, this week has been pretty stressful and I am so glad the weekend is here! My husband came back from his business trip last night, and we were so glad to have him home! I am sure just that in and of itself will reduce my stress level significantly. The other thing that has me stressed big time right now is my blood pressure. And, yes, I know that being stressed about it is probably just making it worse, but it is hard not to worry about it. Earlier this summer my doctor gave me samples of a medication to help lower my blood pressure. I took them and they helped, but, being the procratinator that I am, I didn't get back in to see her to get the prescription. Well, earlier this week I took my blood pressure and it was 143/91.... not good at all! So, I made it in to see my doc yesterday and got more samples AND the prescription to send in to be filled. Between the medication and losing weight, I hope I can get it to come down to where it needs to be. I hate the fact that at the age of 35 I am having to take all of these medications and I worry about not being around for my daughter. I just have to keep working on my diet and hope that it will help.

2 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

Are you exercising?

Kellie said...

Not as much as I should be. I am swimmimng quite a bit with Lanie, but that's about it. Maybe now htat it is getting a little cooler I can start walking in the evenings for a bit.