Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I wish I could sleep for 12 hours

So, yesterday when I picked up my daughter from my parents house, she was asleep on the couchand had been since about 5:30 when she finally conked out after refusing to nap all afternoon. Moving her to the car did not wake her up. Maving her from the car into the house did not wake her up. I even attempted to put her down because she seemed half awake, and she merely walked over the nearest couch and crawled up and went back to sleep. Me moving her to yet another couch and then up into bed did not wake her. She slept until 5:30 this morning! She kind of woke up very briefly in the middle of the night once, and went immediately back to sleep after I remedied the blanket issue she was having. I know she doesn't get this ability to sleep that long from me, so it must come from her father who could sleep for days if I let him. I love watching her sleep, but after being at work all day I cherish the few hours I have to play with her and hang out with her BEFORE she goes to sleep! Oh well, it was just one night, and today she was back to taking her nap as usual.

1 comment:

katertoter said...

You know you want your kid to sleep so bad sometimes, and then when they sleep to much you wish they would wake up! We just can't win!
I guess she was super tired.
~katie