Saturday, September 09, 2006

He really isn't all that bad....

Most of the time when I talk to my close friends about my husband it is usually to bitch about him. Well, this past week has made me see a lot more of the good things he does and I think it's about time I give him the credit he deserves. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone, well it's true, even if they are only gone for a week! The things I really missed this past week were his cooking, as I mentioned in my last post, and the things he does with our daughter. I sometimes complain that he doesn't do enough with her, but he really does do a lot. Every evening that he is home, he is the one who gives her her bath, and gets her ready for bed. It is part of her evening ritual, and we both really miss that when he is gone. She loves it when he goes swimming with her, and I know she misses that too when he is gone. He also is probably better than me when it comes to consistency with discipline, which is an area I need to work on, but I really appreciate that quality in him. The other day, our little one was talking back to me (mostly just repeating something she has heard others say, but nonetheless it was talking back and disrespectful), and he immediately made it clear to her that it was not OK, and appropriately disciplined her. It actually made me feel good, because it was just one of those times that he was showing his respect for me by making sure that she isn't disrespectful to me. I could go on, but all I really wanted to do with this post is put down in words what has beenin my thoughts all week.

And, now, of course, he has to go away again for the next week!

No comments: