Saturday, July 08, 2006

You know you're getting old......

..... when you have to create a form to track when you have taken your medications because in the evening you can't remember what it is you took in the morning! I'm 35 and I feel like I am falling apart. I have some unknown injury to my foot that is taking months to heal (hard to heal when you have to use it every day). It did feel better after sitting in the spa for a while last night, so I may just have to do that some more! I have an appointment this week for Lasik surgery and I am really excited! I can't wait to not have to wear glasses or contacts anymore! The doc did say that eventually we all have to deal with wearing reading glasses, but that it is very possible that they will have a way to treat that by the time it hits me! I also have an appointment this week with an endocriniologist to try and get some treatment for my PCOS. My biggest worry there is that he is going to say I am diabetic already. There is a history of diabetes in my family and PCOS is considered a pre-diabetic condition. Hopefully, he will be able to get me going in the right direction to start controlling some of the things that the PCOS throws out of whack.

I never thought that at 35 I would still feel so young mentally but so old physically.

No comments: