Saturday, July 15, 2006

"I can see clearly now... " almost!

Well, I had the LASIK done yesterday and it went really well. It really is a pretty quick and painless procedure. Just a little discomfort/pressure when they are cutting the flap with the laser. It was a little freaky to smell the burning though when they are doing the actual correction. So, yesterday I did my best to get all the drops in my eyes as instructed, and I was amazed at how much I could already see. It still is a bit hazy, which they say will go away as the swelling reduces, but at my follow-up this morning I could read the line on the eyechart for 20/20 vision with my left eye! I actually drove without contacts or glasses for the first time in my life! I really wish I had done this a long time ago. I am sitting here typing this and reading things on my computer and amazed that just yesterday morning I couldn't have done it without my glasses or contacts. I know, I know... I sound like an ad for LASIK, but it really is amazing!

Now, my little one wasn't too pleased with me yesterday after the procedure because I was trying to lie down and close my eyes as I had been instructed. She kept wanting me to read to her and play with her, and threw fits when I couldn't. ANd lately it seems that I am the only one she will be happy for. I left her with her daddy for a little while the other night to go fill a prescription and her said she threw a fit the entire time I was gone. I'm just hoping she'll get over it quickly when I go back to school in a few weeks!

No comments: