Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Can't believe this is the 5th week of school....

It has just flown by! I guess it is true, time does fly when you are having fun. I have not found any reasons yet to be unhappy with my job, and find more and more reasons every day to like it! Yesterday, I actually got positive feedback from my principal. I just about fainted. I can't recall that EVER happening at the hell hole. Here, we turn in our lesson plans every Friday, and the principal makes any comments/suggestions that she has. Well, I got mine back and had a smiley face sticker and she had written "Nice ARDs last week." ARDs are our meetings for special ed students to discuss their placement and individual education plans. Well, I had the first ones that I really had to present anything at last week, and she apparently liked how I conducted myself. It's always nice to get some positive feedback! Additionally, she seems to like how I am handling the Student Council thus far. We are just getting started with the election process, and so far I think I will enjoy being the Advisor. It's just so weird being at a school where they actually have extracurricular activities for the students. In addition to Student Council, there are sports, a chess club, cheerleaders, a garden club, and several other things I can't think of right now. And they are getting the PTA started right now, and it sounds like they do a whole lot for the school.

And besides all the extra stuff, I really like the students I work with. They are respectful and I actually get to teach them something. It's a whole new world for me! So, overall, I am very happy where I am and now I know what it is to truly love your job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.