Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Now I'm excited

Well after the hell I went through at my last school, I really think things are looking up. I was really apprehensive about calling my new principal, not knowing how she felt about just having a teacher assigned to her school without her input. Well, I called this morning and she sounds wonderful. She said she was happy to hear from me and excited about having me there. Maybe South Hills is where I am meant to be. It is still quite a commute, but it is a Resource teaching position, which I am really excited about. I am so happy to be out of behavior improvement, I was just so burned out. I had also been a bit apprehensive about going into teaching a resource class, having no idea what to do, but the principal told me that I am to be the second resource teacher there, and that the current resource teacher has been there 14 years. Talk about having someone to learn the ropes from! I cannot even express in words how relieved I feel. The principal is going to call and let me know when I can move my things into my portable (yes, I have to go back to being in a portable). SHe also is going to let me know whether I will be teaching the K-2 or 3-5 grade resource students. She was going to let the current teacher have first dibs, so we'll see what I get. I will be fine with either, there are good things and bad things at each grade so I'll just have to wait and see.

Well, that's my excitement for today!

No comments: